Troubleshooting – IP7 LEDs
When troubleshooting Digital Acoustics IP7 Endpoints and TalkMaster FOCUS Software, it is important to understand the different states represented by the IP7 LEDs. The four LEDs on the IP7-STx, IP7-SE8, IP7-FD, IP7-SS20 and IP7-SS40 all have the same states.
The LEDs on the IP7-EDx/ESX models are similar, but are labeled differently. In this troubleshooting step:
- Substitute the READY LED for the IP7-EDx/ESX’s ACTIVE LED
- Substitute the ACTIVE LED for the IP7-EDx/ESX’s TALK LED
- The MONITOR LED is only valid when the IP7 is in a connected state and tracks the activity of the Monitor/Open button
Also, the Primary RJ-45 connector on all IP7s have a green and amber LED which follow the LINK and READY LEDs respectively.
Please review the LED states before proceeding to the next step:
Blue power LED must be on solid
- If using the IP7 J1 or Aux Power connector, make sure the correct voltage (labeled on the J1 connector) is applied
- To prevent damage to the IP7, do not connect power to both the J1 and Aux Power connectors
- Verify the input voltage using a multi meter
- If using PoE (Power over Ethernet – 802.3af compliant) make sure the IP Endpoint supports the PoE feature (the SS20/SS40 models do not support PoE)
- Make sure the PoE cable is plugged into the IP7 Network Port labeled Ethernet 10/100, not Port 2 10/100
- If the IP7 still does not power up and is still covered by its two year warranty, contact Technical Support
Blue Power LED is the only LED that is on
- The Firmware has been corrupted, most likely due to a failed firmware update
- Download and install the Standalone Firmware installer and follow the instructions to flash the IP7 using a USB cable
LINK LED must be on solid
If the LINK LED is not on, check the following:
- Make sure the network cable is plugged into the IP7 network Port labeled Ethernet 10/100, not Port 2 10/100
- Connect the IP7 to another network cable and port on the network switch
- If the IP7’s LINK LED still does not turn on and is still covered by its two year warranty, contact Digital Acoustics Technical Support
READY LED states
On the IP7-EDx/ESx desktop and wall mount models, this is labeled as the Active LED.
- Blinking 4 times/second – The IP7 is trying to connect to TalkMaster FOCUS and/or to a SIP Server – Proceed to the next troubleshooting step
- Blinking 20 times/second – IP Endpoint has received and responded to a discovery packet from TalkMaster Admin Console (FIND ALL button) or has just connected to TalkMaster FOCUS Server. Wait 30 seconds and then check the state of the READY LED again and proceed to the next troubleshooting step
- Blinking 1 time every 2 seconds – The device has been configured to connect to both TalkMaster and SIP. The device has connected to TalkMaster FOCUS, but is unable to register with the SIP Server – proceed to the next troubleshooting step
- On solid – Connected to TalkMaster FOCUS and/or to a SIP Server. The IP7 is properly connected to the software
ACTIVE LED States (only valid when the READY LED is on solid)
The IP7 will only play audio when it is in a Connected state (READY and LINK both on solid).
On the IP7-EDx/ESx desktop and wall mount models, this is labeled as the TALK LED.
The ACTIVE LED indicates an audio operation is in progress:
- No Activity – the IP7 is connected, but not transmitting or playing audio
- On solid – the IP7’s speaker is playing audio (half duplex)
- Blinking 2x/second – the IP7’s microphone is transmitting audio (half duplex)
- Blinking 4x/second – the IP7’s microphone is transmitting audio and speaker is playing audio (full duplex)