Come and join our team at Digital Acoustics! The following positions are available:
ELECTRICAL DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN ENGINEER – AUDIO & NETWORKING
This unique opportunity is for a candidates who can ‘own’ product development from inception through commercialization. We develop cutting-edge audio networking products that lead our industry with innovation, rapid development and out-of the box thinking and hope you can join our team.
Under minimal supervision, and reporting directly to the CTO, the Electrical Engineer will design and debug compact embedded analog & micro controller systems with associated analog/digital/audio circuits.
We will consider both seasoned senior engineers, or well rounded, self-taught, clever Sparkfun designers. Salary will reflect your experience. Benefit packages are included.
Products designed by us are seen and used worldwide by demanding customers including universities, government facilities, security centers and even in Space. Our products use underlying cutting edge technology to keep operation clever, exciting and uncomplicated to use.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate with project managers and other team members in the development of product(s)
- Create engineering specifications based on Requirements Documents
- Create block diagrams, schematics and component selection information
- Create electrical schematics using a preferred CAD tool. (ORCAD,CADSTAR or similar)
- Perform component-level circuit analysis/debug using instruments such as Network/Logic/Spectrum Analyzers, Scopes and similar
- Perform design reviews and presentations to internal staff
- Rapid prototyping unit design, test, and validation
- Perform or manage PCB layout design, fabrication, and assembly for prototypes
- Perform COTS selection, procurement, testing, and integration for prototypes
- Solder and assemble prototypes by hand, or arrange and manage prototype developments
- Create Engineering and manufacturing panning from Alpha to Production.
- Provide occasional technical support to customers, help desk and/or internal operations.
- Develop test program protocols and support for production testing
- Consider Mechanical, packaging and customer use-case during all facets of design
- BSEE and/or least 2 years of technical experience developing embedded audio products
- Experience with Analog Audio, Ethernet, USB and RS-232 interfaces
- Design experience with audio CODECs and embedded micro-controllers. (PIC, ARM 7, ARM 9)
- Analog design Experience with op-amps, filters, FET, oscillator, and power-regulator circuits
- Digital design experience with ROM, FLASH, and control logic circuits
- Understanding DAC/ADC functionality and analog CODEC integrations where needed
- Compact design of FCC certifiable circuits and layout
- Clear technical writing (English) and communication skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Ability to program embedded controllers in “C” language or Visual Basic
- Programming of applications in C or VB to support test procedures and analysis
- PCB Layout and hands on prototype fabrication (SMT/Thru) soldering skills
- Experience with wireless network radio design a plus
The ideal candidate can take a product vision and work with our experienced team all the way through the design cycle to create a commercial, stable and , manufacture-able street product. If you are a self starter, well rounded in many aspects of electrical design and/or product development., join us!
Our office is small, exciting and open to free thought, flexible working conditions and comfortable environments. If you have 20 years of experience, or 2 and want to learn ‘how-to’, while being valuable from day 1, please apply.
Send you resume to email@example.com.